Friday, July 20, 2012

Readers wanted for poetry stroll in Roslindale

Rozzie Reads, a project of the Friends of the Roslindale Library, is looking for poetry lovers who’d like to read their own poems or a poem of their choosing at the August 2nd "Poetry in Motion" event, part of Roslindale Summer Stroll. Local poetry fans, dressed in togas, will travel around the village and recite poetry as area residents enjoy an evening out of doors.

When? Thursday, August 2nd from 7 – 8 pm

Who? Three groups of five performers will be staged near restaurants and shops 

What do I do?
Take turns reading or reciting a favorite poem or poems! You can read from a book, a paper or your phone or you can recite your poem from memory.

What if I don’t have a poem? Log onto www.rozziereads.org to find a selection of great and fun poems

How can I practice? Visit http://rozziereadspoetry.wikispaces.com/Tips+for+Memorizing+Poems for some handy tips for memorization

What do I wear? Wear something white and accent your outfit with gold colored accessories – you will look great!

I still have questions, who do I contact? Email Jennifer Dines at  jdines@lgfnet.org.

Awesome! How do I sign up? Visit this link, where you’ll fill out a form with your contact information.

Need more information? Log onto www.rozziereads.org.

0 comments:

Post a Comment